Norfluoxetine HCl (57226-68-3) is a metabolite of fluoxetine.3 Induces long QT syndrome via slow delayed rectifier potassium current block.1 Time dependent inhibitor of CYP2C19 and CYP3A4.2 The S-isomer of desmethylfluoxetine is the active N-demethylated metabolite responsible for the persistently potent and selective inhibition of serotonin uptake in vivo.3 Potent inhibitor of coxsackievirus replication acting via inhibition of viral RNA synthesis.4 State-dependent TREK-2 blocker.5
1) Veerman et al. (2013), Slow delayed rectifier potassium current blockade contributes importantly to drug-induced long QT syndrome; Circ. Arrythm. Electrophysiol. 6 1002
2) Lutz et al. (2013), Stereoselective inhibition of CYP2C1 and CYP3A4 by fluoxetine and its metabolite: implications for risk assessment of multiple time-dependent inhibitor systems; Drug Metab. Dispos. 41 2056
3) Wong et al. (1993), Norfluoxetine enantiomers as inhibitors of serotonin uptake in rat brain; Neuropsychopharmacology 8 337
4) Zuo et al. (2012), Fluoxetine is a potent inhibitor of coxsackievirus replication.; Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 56 4838
5) McClenaghan et al. (2016), Polymodal activation of the TREK-2 K2P channel produces structurally distinct open states; J. Gen. Physiol. 147 497
There are no reviews yet.