SB-431542 (301836-41-9) is a potent and selective ALK4, ALK5 and ALK7 inhibitor (TGFβ superfamily Type I activin receptor-like kinase). (ALK5 IC50 = 94 nM).1,2 Inhibits TGFβ-induced proliferation of human osteosarcoma cells.3 Enhances growth and integrity of embryonic stem cell-derived endothelial cells.4 SB-431542 is a frequently used agent employed in numerous stem cell differentiation protocols.5 Cell permeable.
1) Laping et al. (2002), Inhibition of transforming growth factor (TGF-beta1-induced extracellular matrix with a novel inhibitor of the TGF-beta type I kinase activity: SB-431542; Mol. Pharmacol., 62 58
2) Inman et al. (2002), SB-431542 is a potent and specific inhibitor of transforming growth factor-beta superfamily type I activin receptor-like kinase (ALK) receptors ALK4, ALK5 and ALK7; Mol. Pharmacol., 62 65
3) Matsuyama et al. (2003), SB-431542 and Gleevec inhibit transforming growth factor-beta-induced proliferation of human osteosarcoma cells; Cancer Res., 63 7791
4) Watabe et al. (2003), TGF-beta receptor kinase inhibitor enhances growth and integrity of embryonic stem cell-derived endothelial cells; J. Cell Biol., 163 1303
5) Stanslowsky et al. (2014), Functional differentiation of midbrain neurons from human cord blood-derived induced pluripotent stem cells; Stem Cell Res. Ther., 5 35