Terazocin HCl (63074-08-8) is an α1- and α2B-adrenoceptor antagonist (Ki = 3.3, 0.7, 1.1, 7.7, 1510 and 78.2 nM for α1A, α1B, α1D, α2B, α2A and α2C receptors respectively)1. Displays antihypertensive activity2. Improves glucose and lipid metabolism in hypertensives3. Displays antiangiogenic activity in human prostate cancer and endothelial cells4. Terazocin activates Pgk1 and Hsp90 to promote stress resistance5. Active in vivo.
1) Hancock et al. (1995), Actions of terazosin and its enantiomers at subtypes of alpha-1 and alpha-2 adrenoceptors in vitro; Recept. Signal Transduct. Res., 15 863
2) Kyncl et al. (1986), Pharmacology of terazosin; Am. J. Med., 80 12
3) Shionoiri et al. (1994), Long-term therapy with terazosin may improve glucose and lipid metabolism in hypertensives: a multicenter prospective study; Am. J. Med. Sci., 307 Suppl 1 S91
4) Pan et al. (2003), Identification of apoptotic and antiangiogenic activities of terazosin in human prostate cancer and endothelial cells; J. Urol., 169 724
5) Chen et al. (2015), Terazosin activates Pgk1 and HSP90 tp promote stress resistance; Nat. Chem. Biol., 11 19