BAY 11-7082 (19542-67-7) inhibits cytokine-induced IκB-α phosphorylation via inhibition of IκB Kinase which results in inhibition of NFκB 1. Inhibits anchorage-independent growth of mammary epithelial cells induced with 4-hydroxyestradiol via inhibition of NFκB activation2. Inhibits IFNα production and blocks nuclear translocation of IRF7 in plasmacytoid dendritic cells3. Facilitates wound healing by inhibiting TNFα-induced MMP expression4. A useful tool for probing the involvement of NFκB in physiological and pathophysiological processes5. Cell permeable.
1) Pierce et al. (1997) Novel inhibitor of cytokine-induced IkBα phosphorylation and endothelial cell adhesion molecule expression show anti-inflammatory effects in vivo; J. Biol. Chem., 272 21096
2) Park et al. (2009) 4-hydroxyestradiol induces anchorage-independent growth of human mammary epithelial cells via activation of IkappaB kinase: potential role of reactive oxygen species; Cancer Res., 69 2416
3) Miyamoto et al. (2010) Inhibitor of IkappaB kinase activity, BAY 11-7082, interferes with interferon regulatory factor 7 nuclear translocation and type I interferon production by plasmacytoid dendritic cells; Arthritis Res. Ther., 12 R87
4) Xu et al. (2019) Bay 11-7082 facilitates wound healing by antagonizing mechanical injury – and TNF-α-induced expression of MMPs in posterior cruciate ligament; Connect. Tissue Res. 60 311
5) Kim et al. (2018) TNF-α induces human neural progenitor cell survival after oxygen-glucose deprivation by activating the NFκB pathway; Exp. Mol. Med., 50 14