Oltipraz (64224-21-1) upregulates the transcription factor NRF2 and prevents insulin resistance and obesity induced by high fat diet in C57BL/6J mice1. Attenuates the progression of fibrosis in a rat model of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis2. Oltipaz attenuates chronic hypoxia-induced cardiopulmonary alterations in mice3. Promotes liver regeneration after partial hepatectomy4. Off target effects: Activates constitutive androstane receptor (CAR)5.
1) Yu et al. (2011), Olipraz upregulates the nuclear factor (erythroid-derived 2)-like 2 (NRF2) antioxidant system and prevents insulin resistance and obesity induced by a high-fat diet in C57BL/6J mice; Diabetologia, 54 922
2) Shimozono et al. (2013), Nrf2 activators attenuate the progression of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis-related fibrosis in a dietary rat model; Mol. Pharmacol, 84 62
3) Eba et al. (2013), The nuclear factor erythroid 2-related factor 2 activator oltipraz attenuates chronic hypoxia-induced cardiopulmonary alterations in mice; Am. J. Respir. Cell. Mol. Biol., 49 324
4) Cho et al. (2009), Oltipraz promotion of liver regeneration after partial hepatectomy: the role of PI3-kinase dependent C/EBPbeta and cyclin E regulation; Arch. Pharm. Res., 32 625
5) Merrell et al. (2008), The Nrf2 activator oltipraz also activates the constitutive androstane receptor; Drug Metab. Dispos., 36 1716