Suplatast tosilate (94055-79-2) is a potent immunoregulator that suppresses IgE production.1 Suppresses innate immunity by down-regulating TLR2, TLR4 and CD14 gene expression on splenocytes stimulated with LPS and TLR2/TLR4 agonists.2 Prevents bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis in mouse models.3 Potent inhibitor of Th2 cells in vivo and together with a Treg cell inhibitor promotes BCG vaccine efficacy against tuberculosis.4 Antiasthmatic agent effective for antileukotriene nonresponders.5 Orally active.
1) Kurokawa et al. (2001), Suppressive effects of anti-allergic agent suplatast tosilate (IPD-1151T) on the expression of co-stimulatory molecules on mouse splenocytes in vivo; Mediators Inflamm., 10 333
2) Hsu et al. (2007), The effects of suplatast tosilate (IPD-1151T) on innate immunity and antigen-presenting cells; Transpl. Immunol., 18 108
3) Furonaka et al. (2009), Suplatast tosilate prevents bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis in mice; Curr. Opin. J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther., 328 55
4) Bhattachrya et al. (2014), Simultaneous inhibition of T helper 2 and T regulatory cell differentiation by small molecules enhances Bacillus Calmette-Guerin vaccine efficacy against tuberculosis; J. Biol. Chem., 289 33404
5) Wada et al. (2009), Effect of suplatast tosilate on antileukotriene non-responders with mild-to-moderate persistent asthma; Allergol. Int., 58 389