C16 (608512-97-6) inhibits RNA-dependent protein kinase (PKR, IC50 = 210 nM).1 Inhibits ER stress-induced neuronal damage.2 Reduces brain PKR activation in vivo.3 Prevents apoptosis and IL-1β production in an acute excitotoxic and neuroinflammatory rat model.4 Prevents β-amyloid peptide-induced inflammation in primary murine mixed co-cultures.5 Cell permeable.
1) Jammi et al. (2003), Small molecule inhibitors of the RNA-dependent protein kinase; Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun., 308 50
2) Shimazawa et al. (2007), Involvement of double-stranded RNA-dependent protein kinase in ER stress-induced retinal neuron damage; Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci., 48 3729
3) Ingrand et al. (2007), The oxindole/imidazole derivative C16 reduces in vivo brain PKR activation; FEBS Lett. 581 4473
4) Tronel et al. (2014), The specific PKR inhibitor C16 prevents apoptosis and IL-1β production in an acute excitotoxic rat model with a neuroinflammatory component; Neurochem. Int. 64 73
5) Couturier et al. (2011) Prevention of the β-amyloid peptide-induced inflammatory process by inhibition of double-stranded RNA-dependent protein kinase in primary murine mixed co-cultures; Neuroinflammation, 8 72