C2 Ceramide (3102-57-6) is a cell permeable ceramide analog. Induces apoptosis in a variety of cell types. Stimulates ceramide-activated protein phosphatases. Activates ceramide-activated protein kinases.
1) Minano et al. (2008), C2-ceramide mediates cerebellar granule cells apoptosis by activation of caspases-2, -9, and -3; J. Neurosci. Res., 86 1734
2) Prinetti et al. (1997), Involvement of a ceramide activated protein phosphatase in the differentiation of neuroblastoma Neuro2a cells; FEBS Lett., 414 475
3) Zhang et al. (1997), Kinase suppressor of Ras is ceramide-activated protein kinase; Cell, 89 63
4) Matsuzaka et al. (2016) Characterization and Functional Analysis of Extracellular Vesicles and Muscle-Abundant miRNAs (miR-1, miR-133a, and miR-206) in C2C12 Myocytes and mdx Mice; PLoS One 11(12) e0167811 [Focus Biomolecules Citation]
5) Matsuzaka et al. (2016) Characterization and functional analysis of extracellular vesicles and muscle-abundant miRNA in C2C12 myocytes and Mdx mice; PLoS One 11(12) e0167811 [Focus Biomolecules Citation]